Kathy Burtchin 419-270-6382, Joanne Kessen 419-287-4834
1. Entries in the baked goods class are to be delivered to the Scout Cabin on Wednesday, August 16, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Judging will begin at 2 p.m.
2. Loitering in the building during judging and placement of displays will not be permitted.
3. All entries should be made from scratch – NO box mixes.
4. All items must be in non-returnable containers and will become the property of the Pemberville Fair Board.
5. Ribbons for the top three places will be awarded in each category. An over-all Best of Show ribbon also will be awarded in both the Adult and Children’s divisions.
6. An auction of all baked goods will be held at the Main Stage on Wednesday evening at 8:30 p.m.
7. Ribbons and exhibits must be picked up on Saturday night after 9 p.m.
White Bread (1 loaf)
Wheat Dinner Rolls (8 per plate)
Quick Breads (1 loaf)
Muffins (8 per plate)
Judged by appearance ONLY
Theme: “We Have Your Ticket to the Pemberville Free Fair”
Pies (8” or 9” pan)
Peach (double crust)
Apple (sugar free)
Cookies (14 per plate)
Chairman’s Choice Recipe
Zucchini, Cheddar Cheese and Chive Buttermilk Quick Bread
| 2 c flour
2 T sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c buttermilk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c melted butter
1 1/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 T chopped chives
1 c shredded zucchini
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
4. Whisk the melted butter into the buttermilk mixture.
5. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mix, and gently combine. Don’t over mix.
6. Stir in the shredded cheese, shredded zucchini and chopped chives (can use dried chives).
7. Line a 9x5 pan with parchment paper or spray vegetable spray on the inside of pan. (you can also use smaller pans for gifts)
8. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. When using smaller pans, baking time should be reduced.
***if zucchini seems wet, squeeze with a paper towel
BAKED GOODS AUCTION
Purchase some homemade goodies at our auction. Items being auctioned are from the Baked Goods Contest. Proceeds benefit the Fair.
Chance Kaminski, Auctioneer
Wednesday, August 16 - 8:30 p.m.