Kathy Burtchin 419-287-4232, Joanne Kessen 419-287-4834
1. Entries in the baked goods class are to be delivered to the Scout Cabin
on Wednesday, August 14, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Judging will begin at 2 p.m.
2. Loitering in the building during judging and placement of displays will not be permitted.
3. All entries should be made from scratch – NO box mixes.
4. All items must be in non-returnable containers and will become the property of the Pemberville Fair Board.
5. Ribbons for the top three places will be awarded in each category. An over-all Best of Show ribbon also will be awarded in both the Adult and Children’s division.
6. An auction of all baked goods will be held at the Main Stage on Wednesday evening at 6:30 p.m. following Kiddie Parade.
7. Ribbons and exhibits must be picked up on Saturday night after 9 p.m.
Wheat Bread (1 loaf)
White Dinner Rolls (8 per plate)
Quick Breads (1 loaf)
Muffins (8 per plate)
Judged by appearance ONLY
Theme: “Thanks for the Memories - 75 Great Years”
Pies (8” or 9” pan)
Peach (double crust)
Cherry (sugar free)
|Cookies (14 per plate)
Brownies (8 per plate)
Confections (8 per plate)
Snack Mix (2 cups in a zipped baggie)
Chairman’s Choice - See recipe below
Ages 12 and under
Decorated Cupcakes (8 per plate)
Theme: “Thanks for the Memories—75 Great Years”
Cookies (14 per plate)
Rice Krispie Squares
Frosted Cookies (14 per plate)
Chairman’s Choice Recipe
Lemon-Poppy Seed Zucchini Muffins (8 per plate)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat butter at medium speed with mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just blended after each addition.
Stir together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending flour mixture. Stir in zucchini and next two ingredients. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans or use paper liners. Fill about 2/3 full.
Bake about 25 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
clean. Remove from pan. Yield 15 muffins.
SUBMIT 8 MUFFINS ON A PLATE FOR JUDGING
BAKED GOODS AUCTION
Purchase some homemade goodies at our auction. Items being auctioned are from the Baked Goods Contest. Proceeds benefit the Fair.
Todd Schling - Auctioneer
Wednesday, August 14 immediately following Kiddie Parade on the Main Stage.