38th Annual Pemberville Quilt Show
Click here for a printable entry form (PDF).
Sponsored by the Pemberville-Freedom Area Historical Society
Pemberville School Building
120 E. College Ave. ~ Pemberville, Ohio 43450
August 17, 18, 19, 2023
Chairman: Laurie Householder - 419-494-6705 (please text - I will return your call)
Entries Accepted Tuesday, August 15 from 3-7 p.m.. at the school building, Judging Wednesday 9 a.m.
Quilt Show Hours
Thursday & Friday - Noon - 10 p.m.
Saturday - Following parade - 6:30 p.m.
Quilt Pick-up - Saturday 7-8 p.m.
QUILT SHOW RULES
1. Entries are accepted on Tuesday, August 15 from 3:00-7:00 p.m. There is no entry fee and participants do not need to pre-register.
2. Judging will take place on Thursday, August 17 at 9:00 a.m. and will be closed to the public.
3. Quilts must be entered in one of the quilted categories as stated. Final determination of the quilted category may be made by the Quilt Show Committee. Quilt size is consideration only in the miniature category. All
other categories will be determined by technique - not by size. Please note that the category for garments and accessories will be welcome with the Needlework Show.
4. You may choose to enter your item for display only.
5. The Quilt show is to display the talents of our local quilters. This is a friendly competition The will be no critique from the judges. Please respect that all decision of the judges are final. 6. All entries and awards can be picked up on Saturday, August 20th, from 7:00-8:00 p.m. ***The gymnasium will be closed to the public from 6:00- 7:00 p.m. for take down.***
*All quilted items and awards not claimed by 8:00 p.m. Saturday will be held by the chairman until a time can be arranged for the entrant to pick up items at the chairpersons convenience. To make arrangements, please call Laurie Housholder at 419-494-6705.
The school gymnasium will also be displaying the Needlework, Arts, Crafts & Collectables and the Photography Exhibits.
Quilt Show Categories
1. Pieced: Piecing dominates over the other techniques in amount or effect.
2. Applique: Applique dominates over the other techniques in amount or effect.
3. Open Class: Quilts that contain one or more special techniques such as whole cloth, embroidery, cross stitch, painting or other surface design techniques not included in the categories above.
4. Wall Hanging: A quilt meant to be hung on the wall
5. Baby Quilts: Crib size or smaller quilts for babies and children.
6. Miniatures: Miniatures are scaled down versions of lar ge quilt designs. Total size should be 400 square inches (20 inches X 20 inches) or less.
7. Comforters: Not quilted, tied, yo-yo’s or rag quilts
8. Antique Quilts: Quilts that are 50 years old or older and display the are of quilt-making in technique (For display only - not judged)
Awards will be given as follows:
Over All Best of Show
Best of Class, First, Second and Third in each category