Thursday, August 15, 2019, 1 p.m.
Registration deadline: August 8, 2019
Chairperson: Don Keppler 419-260-0436
Please note: Registration Forms for the 2018 Swine Scramble MUST be obtained at the Countyline Co-op and MUST be submitted in person at this location (no mailed-in or faxed-in registrations will be accepted under any circumstance).
The Pemberville Free Fair, Inc. Release and Indemnity Agreement that is on this website is NOT for use for the Swine Scramble Contest. If you have any questions, please contact Don Keppler at 419-260-0436. Thanks for your cooperation.
RULES (REGARDING PIGS)
1. All pigs must meet current health standards.
2. Pigs must weigh between 30 and 40 pounds.
3. Pigs must be either gilts or barrows and need not be registered.
1. Must be between the ages of 6 and 15 years old on the day of the contest.
2. Parents or legal guardians must assume responsibility for any injuries or damage sustained by their child during the contest. An entry form containing a legally binding release and indemnity agreement must be completed and signed by the parent or legal guardian and returned to Countyline Co-op, Pemberville Ohio no later than one week before the day of the contest.
3. Contestants must wear shoes. If a contestant normally wears glasses, shatterproof athletic style goggles are required to participate.
4. Each contestant must have access to appropriate facilities to care for & feed the pig.
5. Each contestant must live within a 30 mile radius of Pemberville.
RULES FOR WINNERS
1. No pigs will be taken from the holding pen until the contest is over.
2. All pigs must be picked up no later than one hour after completion of the contest.
3. Pigs are not to be taken home in burlap bags or similarly confining containers.
4. All pigs will be tagged in the ear. These tags are a means of identification for sponsors and must be intact when the pigs are judged.
5. In the event of serious illness or death of the winner's pig, the winner, winner's parent or guardian should contact the Chairman immediately. If winner’s pig dies, winner has the option of replacing the pig. A replacement pig is not eligible for judging, however it is eligible for sale and premium. If winner does not replace pig, the child will still be eligible for premium
6. You are encouraged to correspond with your sponsor monthly. Sponsors look forward to this correspondence, and enjoy hearing about the progress of the pig.
7. Any winner who fails to give their pig the proper care and feeding will forfeit it to another registered contestant designated by the contest committee and/or Fair Board.
8. All veterinary bills are the responsibility of the pig winner.
SHOW AND SALE OF MARKET PIGS
1. All pigs must be ready to be judged and sold by auction date, November 30, 2019. Auction sale will be at Wood County Fairgrounds.
2. Pigs will be divided into weight classes and judged according to market conditions.
3. An award will be given to the overall Grand Champion & Reserve Champion.
4. Each pig will be sold separately and each pig must be sold at this sale no matter its size or weight.
5. ALL PIGS MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL OR PROPER ARRANGEMENTS MADE WITH THE FAIR BOARD BEFORE REMOVAL FROM THE FAIR GROUNDS.
6. Pigs will be sold at the Posted Market Price. In addition, the auction will obtain a Premium Price which will be added to the Market Price and paid to the winner of the pig.
2019 Swine Scramble Sponsors
Duane & Kellie Abke
K. A. Long Building Serivce